The Mississippi Land Trust (MLT) is a charitable, non-profit organization. Since 2000, we have been working with private landowners who want to find ways to preserve Mississippi’s landscape.
We cooperate with other land trusts, government agencies, and conservation organizations to help us meet our goals.
- To improve Mississippi’s fish, wildlife, and plant resources
- To acquire and hold title to land and conservation interests in land in the state of Mississippi
- To educate the public about fish, wildlife, and plant conservation
- To encourage the public to be responsible stewards of Mississippi’s natural resources
- To develop incentive-based conservation programs
- To ensure conservation programs in Mississippi are effective and cost-efficient
- To educate the public about the conservation options available to private landowners